Like so many of you, we have spent the last several days and weeks learning about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it is impacting our world. Governor Ron DeSantis recently declared a state of emergency for Florida and our team continues to follow the constantly evolving situation. The safety of our members, participants, event goers, volunteers and staff remains our #1 priority. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is currently reporting that for the general American public, the immediate health risk from COVID-19 is considered low. We continue to look to these organizations for their leadership and guidance. As of now, all classes, workshops, events and activities are scheduled to take place as planned. You will be immediately informed should circumstances change.
As a business which is all about NOT social distancing, we have implemented every measure and precaution possible to create an environment for our guests that is as safe as possible. Some examples:
- the nightly sanitizing of our offices and increased frequency of disinfecting the floors, all surfaces, and kitchen areas throughout the day
- ensuring all employees are trained in vigilant cleaning
- scheduling personnel to sanitize restrooms continuously throughout the day
- closely monitoring the health of our staff and enforcing any and all to stay home and not come to work even with the slightest of symptoms
- continue monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) updates, and responding based on the advice of governments, public health authorities, and medical professionals
At the same time, we request that all of our patrons and volunteers follow the same vigilance and take seriously the responsibility not to come to our locations or events if you’re even suspicious of being ill. Should it become necessary, we will happily transfer your ticket or give you a full credit for a future class or workshop when this passes. We will continue to update you on our status, including any closings or cancellations should they be needed.
Prevent the spread of misinformation by learning more about the CDC’s recommendations here.
The Florida Department of Health now has a 24/7 call center available for questions regarding COVID-19. Please call 1-866-779-6121 or you can email questions to COVIDemail@example.com.