The Cultural Arts Alliance of Walton County (CAA) is calling visual artists in any discipline to submit a maximum of two pieces to be considered for a virtual art exhibition, “From a Distance,” featuring work created by artists while “sheltering in place” because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Artists are asked only to submit work that has been created since stay at home orders were issued and to share works that represent their unique perspectives. Selected works will be featured in a virtual art exhibition on CAA’s website, CulturalArtsAlliance.com, beginning Friday, May 8, 2020. Cash awards will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
- Artwork accepted: April 26 – May 3
- Awards chosen: May 4 – 6
- Artwork exhibited online: May 8 until…
Guidelines & Criteria
- All exhibited work must be original from the last two months. No print reproductions accepted.
- Each artist may submit one (1) application with a maximum of two (2) pieces of work for consideration.
- Artwork must be appropriate for view to the general public.
- Images of submitted artwork must be at least 72dpi.
- If a selected piece is for sale, the artist agrees to an 80% (Artist) / 20% (CAA) split. The CAA’s portion will go to the Emergency Relief Fund for Artists. CAA will process payment, and artists will be responsible for coordinating shipping or pick-up of sold work.